This seminar is designed to help employees better understand their federal benefits, identify financial goals and objectives, determine appropriate medical directives and estate planning documents and plan for financially secure and stable retirement years.
• Joanne McGehrin, Federal Benefits Specialist, conducts a detailed discussion of FERS retirement benefits, insurance programs, Thrift Savings Plan withdrawal options and Social Security benefits.
• Karen Schaeffer, Certified Financial Planner, encourages participants to develop a financial plan, overviews the importance and appropriate use of estate planning documents and medical directives, provides guidance for investment options available within the TSP program and addresses financial planning issues in retirement.
• A representative from LTC Partners, overviews the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program.
• Each participant is provided a 250+ page workbook containing summaries and/or supplements to information provided in lecture.
• Space permitting, spouses are invited to attend at no additional charge, but are not provided with participant workbooks. Spouses must be registered to attend along with employee.